Recently, in Vietnam, there have been many forms of fraud with increasingly sophisticated tricks, diverse in forms, but the common point is asking customers to download fake apps from Government agencies, General Department of Taxation. through websites, links disguised as app stores such as Play Store (Android operating system) and App Store (IOS operating system) or ask customers to provide personal information, security information ( Internet Banking/ Mobile Banking password, OTP authentication code , etc. ) money to complete the transaction, pay fees, etc.
Some typical scams are as follows:
– Notify victims of traffic violations, related to criminal lines or owe insurance premiums or business electricity bills, thereby requesting money transfer for investigation or fee payment.
– Request to install fake applications (apps) of State agencies (Ministry of Public Security, General Department of Taxation) through websites, disguised links similar to app stores such as Play Store (Android operating system) and App Store (iOS operating system). These fake websites often attach the Government Logo, fake the “Install” button to redirect to another link and download the file with the malicious “.apk” extension. From there, the subject instructs the victim to install the App and accept all permissions such as: Data access rights; permission to take screenshots; permission to read messages; Accessibility permission to control the phone remotely… for the App to work. At this time, the object easily steals important personal information such as: Confidential information stored on the phone; Information when operating on the phone; The authentication code information when doing banking transactions is sent to the phone (OTP/Smart OTP) to appropriate money on the e-banking account.
d. Other impersonations:
– Scammers can impersonate a financial company providing a loan with low interest rates, simple procedures, ask victims to pay loan procedures and then appropriate.
– Impersonating a medical staff to call to inform that a loved one is in an emergency in the hospital, requesting urgent money transfer.
– Pretending to be a rich foreigner, after a period of online acquaintance, he will send gifts and transfer large amounts of money to the victim. To receive the gift, the victim needs to pay a fee with a large amount of money requested from the fake customs officer belonging to the fraudster’s line.
2. Online purchase and sale fraud:
Fraud tricks take place in various forms, but they always have a common point that strikes customers’ psychology, threatens / causes panic / creates trust / wants to win prizes / wants to borrow money, … from there, customers transfer money to fraudsters or provide personal information, banking transaction information, etc.
SHB does NOT require customers to provide security information for e-banking transactions: login password, OTP authentication code . Customer’s security information is only used for login and authentication when using e-banking services via Mobile Banking application, SAHA and SHB’s official website: https://www.shb.com .vn or https://*.shb.com.vn/ and securely marked with a padlock next to it. Where (*) only includes characters from a to z, not including other special characters.
To ensure asset safety, customers should note:
OFFICIAL CHANNEL OF SHB
SHB sincerely thanks customers for always trusting and accompanying the Bank during the past time!
Saigon – Hanoi Bank